Applying to the TEACH Program
The TEACH Program will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2013/Spring 2014 cohort in March. The deadline for completed applications is Friday, April 12th, 2013.
Applicants should be Ph.D. students (or graduate students pursuing a terminal degree in their discipline) with official teaching appointments for both the fall and spring semesters of the 2013-2014 academic year. And yes, TEACH fellows who actively participate in the TEACH Program do receive a $500 stipend per semester. Some of the basic requirements for participation in the program include:
- Videotaped classroom observations.
- Midterm student evaluations.
- Attendance at teaching and learning workshops.
- Completion of a teaching portfolio.
- Completion of a teaching and learning project.
- Individualized meetings with consultants who specialize in pedagogical development.
- Participation in peer observations and reflective writing and group discussion
Please note: Past TEACH fellows estimate that time spent in the program was equivalent to approximately 30 - 40 hours per semester. The TEACH Program is intensive, but worthwhile, and if you have any questions about the time commitments, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
The Application Process
The entire application is online and very simple! The application requirements include:
- Two faculty recommendations using the Faculty Recommendation Form available online (designated faculty recommenders will receive an email with a link to the form).
- A personal statement from the applicant. In this statement, please include:
- Progress toward degree.
- Area of research.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Career goals.
- Reason for interest in the program.
- Discussion of your experience with having your teaching evaluated, and how you responded to such feedback.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A completed application form.
- Students who speak English as a second language should provide a copy of the teaching recommendation letter emailed or given to them and their graduate advisors at the completion of the ITA workshop.
- Applicants with complete applications will also be invited to participate in one of several group interviews. Participation in the interview process is strongly recommended.
The system will open for applications in March.
Application materials should be submitted online at http://www.tlpd.ttu.edu/teach/apply.
The deadline for completed applications is Friday, April 11th, 2014.
For more information about the TEACH program, feel free to visit our online manual by clicking the link in the above title. Please note that details of this manual may change before the Fall semester begins.