Teaching with Technology
The Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Center (TLPDC) offers support for multiple instructional technology applications used in traditional and online learning environments. We offer support for most of these technologies through our scheduled technology short courses or via individual/group consultations. Click on the following technologies for downloads and more information.
Lecture Capturing see also Online Lectures
- Adobe Presenter (Primary support is provided by the ID team at the TLPDC) Add your voice to a PowerPoint presentation, and create lectures and training materials ready for uploading into your online course. This link takes you to a free download webpage that requires an active TTU eraider username and password.
- Microsoft Lync (Primary technical support is provided by the IT Division, pedagogical support through ID Team) formerly Microsoft Communicator and LiveMeetingRecord. Using this communication application your will be able to record and stream your webcast or lecture, sycnchronously. Recordings can then be posted to a streaming server such as Mediasite for review by students, asynchronously. The ID Team will be happy to show you various methods for instructional use. Free software download is available with an active eRaider by going to the Software Download tab at www.eraider.ttu.edu.
- Mediasite (Technical support through IT Division, Pedagogical support through ID Team) Record and deliver your online learning, interactive lectures and multimedia presentations automatically with Mediasite. Capture lectures and presentations for hybrid or online learning, special events and training. Visit with the technology staff in your college or department to see if Mediasite is already available to you through your department. If not, contact IT or the ID Team here at the TLPDC to be directed to your nearest Mediasite support team.
- Alternative technologies (No primary support at TTU) Add audio, animations, and screen captures to PowerPoint to create a flash-based presentation you can post in your online course, asynchronously.
Learning Management System
- Blackboard CE 8 (Primary faculty support by the ID team at the TLPDC) provides faculty and instructors with a convenient online method to deliver course content to students.
Classroom Polling System
- Clickers - Turning Technologies (Primary support by the ID team at the TLPDC) an effective tool that helps facilitate pedagogical best practices and enhance student learning. This technology is completely free to instructors.
- Qualtrics Survey Tool (Primary support by the ID team at the TLPDC) an online software for creating, distributing, and analyzing customizable surveys. TTU faculty or graduate students can request accounts here.
- Respondus LockDown Browser (Primary support by the ID team at the TLPDC)a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard CE 8. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser to take an exam or quiz, they are unable to print, copy, open another browser window, or access other applications. TTU community download available, here.
- Respondus Quiz Tool (Primary support by the ID team at the TLPDC) a powerful tool for creating and managing question databases and exams that can be published directly to Blackboard or printed to paper. TTU community download available, here.
Contact the ID Team
Visit our Contact the ID Team page for details.