Resources for Poster Design
Due to limited resources, the Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Center will not continue to offer poster printing services after May 31, 2013. We apologize for the inconvenience and recommend that you contact either the College of Architecture Print Bureau or the TTU Health Sciences Center Printing Center for your printing needs.
The following information might be helpful to you when designing and presenting your poster: Poster Printing Tutorial, Poster Presentation Tips and PowerPoint templates. The TLPDC will be happy to offer you some guidance on designing a poster and can also offer a customized one-hour poster design course for your students. If you are interested in this course or have questions regarding poster design, please contact Ching Lee at 806-742-0133.
Helpful Design Tips
- Arial or Times New Roman are the recommended fonts
for readability and compliance with the TTU Identity Guidelines
- 72 point or larger for poster titles
- 36-54 point for section titles
- 24-30 point for body text (at least 20 point is
- Font sizes may vary depending on the viewing distance and amount
of text to be included.
- Zoom to "Fit" to see all of your poster
- Zoom to 100% to see the actual printed size. Move back about 3 feet
(or the anticipated viewing distance) and see if it is readable.
- Zoom to 50% to make editing easier.
- Avoid using small graphics downloaded from the web. They typically have very low resolution and are not scalable for poster printing.
- Scan images at high resolution and reduce it later if necessary.
- Be sure photos have good contrast and brightness for printing. Test
on your home color printer to verify.
- Avoid using busy patterns or images as the background, because they make
text difficult to read.
TTU Identity Guidelines:
- prohibit the use of TTU logos as backgrounds
- the Double T may be placed in the footer of the
- the academic shield should be placed in the title banner
- Plain backgrounds with contrasting text will make your
text easier to read.
- Avoid using heavy solid color backgrounds because extensive ink saturation
will give your paper a wavy appearance.
34" x 46" Templates:(please use mouse left click, not right click)
40" x 54" Templates: (please use mouse left click, not right click)
Click on a thumbnail to open new browser window with
higher resolution image, then right-click to save or copy the image: